These regulations were submitted to DAFF for approval by the Minister.
The enactment of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Amendment Act, Act 16 of 2012 and these regulations are expected to take place before the end of 2015. Appeals; Compulsory Veterinary Community Service [CCS]; the Inspectorate and Suspension are all matters that will be introduced.
Please take note that these rules will be published, but will be reviewed and amended during the latter six months of 2016 to iron out any teething problems experienced after publication and to accommodate further inputs received after the current closing date for comments.
The first half of 2016 will be dedicated to the review of the rules for the veterinary para –professionals
- Applications for the SAVC Registration Examination have closed on 1 April 2015. Please note that NO late applications will be accepted.
- Please view Latest News at the bottom of this page and Latest Information under the Members' Area, for regular updates. Members please view the latest Newsletters under the Members' Area.
Members of the veterinary and para-veterinary professions are requested to please get involved and note:
- The concept of " One World, One Health" indicates that the world has awakened to the link between animal diseases and public health. "It has long been known that 60% of known infectious diseases are common to humans and animals (whether domestic or wild); 75% of recent emerging human diseases came from animals and 80% of the pathogens that could potentially be used in bioterrorism are zoonotic. It is also known that human populations need a regular diet of protein particularly from milk, eggs or meat, and that a deficiency can also be a public health problem..."
- Contributions from the veterinary profession: Visit http:/Mixed Selection/www.oie.int/for-the-media/multimedia/video/topics-2/
- Members login: Please note that you can login to access the members area. You have to be enabled before you can view member documents.
The "Members update panel" is no longer available, with regret and our apologies, to update contact details and CPD points as the problems with the system wasted the valuable time of our members and the developer was requested to remove the system from the website.
African Buffalo: A major eco-tourism attraction but also a carrier of serious diseases
DAFF FOOD SAFETY TV ADVERTS CAMPAIGN