Dear stakeholders/members, the regulations to be promulgated in terms of the Amendment Act No 16 of 2012 is published on this link for comment within thirty  days. All comment must be received by 3 August 2015.
Thank you to all our members who contributed to the review process. Thank you SAVC.
- WORLD RABIES DAY: 28 SEPTEMBER 2015!
- Applications for the SAVC Registration Examination have closed on 1 April 2015. Please note that NO late applications will be accepted.
- Please view Latest News at the bottom of this page and Latest Information under the Members' Area, for regular updates. Members please view the latest Newsletters under the Members' Area.
Members of the veterinary and para-veterinary professions are requested to please get involved and note:
- The concept of " One World, One Health" indicates that the world has awakened to the link between animal diseases and public health. "It has long been known that 60% of known infectious diseases are common to humans and animals (whether domestic or wild); 75% of recent emerging human diseases came from animals and 80% of the pathogens that could potentially be used in bioterrorism are zoonotic. It is also known that human populations need a regular diet of protein particularly from milk, eggs or meat, and that a deficiency can also be a public health problem..."
- Contributions from the veterinary profession: Visit http://www.oie.int/for-the-media/multimedia/video/topics-2/
- Members login: Please note that you can login to access the members area. You have to be enabled before you can view member documents.
The "Members update panel" is no longer available, with regret and our apologies, to update contact details and CPD points as the problems with the system wasted the valuable time of our members and the developer was requested to remove the system from the website.
African Buffalo: A major eco-tourism attraction but also a carrier of serious diseases
DAFF FOOD SAFETY TV ADVERTS CAMPAIGN